Forms for News Media Evaluations
2017 Print, Online, and Multiple Media Platforms News Media Evaluation Form: 2017 News Media Evaluation
2017 Ratings Only News Media Evaluation Form: 2017 NME Ratings Only Form
Please report any bugs on the news media evaluation forms to email@example.com
Quill and Scroll News Media Evaluation and Gallup Award
The News Media Evaluation provides media staffs a one-of-a-kind self-assessment, thorough analysis and rating of your publication, with constructive comments and suggestions for improvement from qualified evaluators. The evaluation exercise and feedback are instructive and developmental. The ratings are motivational. High schools and junior high schools may enter their newspapers or news magazines during the submission period – April 1 through June 15. Entries and ratings are returned in September. This service is open to non-member schools as well as member schools.
Schools may choose to participate in the traditional evaluation or to just have their publication rated with summary comments. All entries are eligible to be considered for the top rating, the Gallup Award. To enter, please follow instructions carefully:
1. Download News Media Evaluation Form.
2. Read instructions on the evaluation form.
3. Use the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the NME form. Latest version can be downloaded by clicking the Adobe logo below and following the “Get Adobe” instructions. Save a copy with the name of your school and state as the document title. Make sure Preview is NOT used.
4. Email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Save a copy for your records. Remember to print page 1 of the evaluation form and send it with your check, or purchase order, and news media entries (4 issues) between April 18 and June 15.
— If you would like to include issues published after the deadline, wait to send all issues together, even after June 15.
Save money when you pre-register for the News Media Evaluation and enter the International Writing and Photo Contest at the same time! You can wait to send News Media Evaluation forms and publications in the submission period – April 18 through June 15, 2016. Postmark Writing and Photo Contest entries no later than February 5. Read more about the Writing and Photo Contest.
5. Pay by credit card here. Checks and purchase orders should be made payable to: Quill and Scroll.
6. Mail entries, registration form and checks or purchase orders to:
News Media Evaluation
Quill and Scroll
University of Iowa School of Journalism and Mass Comm.
100 Adler Journalism Bldg., Room E346
Iowa City, IA 52242
News Media Evaluation Gallup Winner Examples
For more examples of Gallup Award winners in the News Media Evaluation, purchase a News Media Evaluation Gallup Winners CD!