2022-2023 Student Advisory Board Members
Congratulations to our new Quill and Scroll Advisory Board. This group’s passion for journalism and service shows through their applications and participation. These 12 members, nine new and three returning, will work on practical student-choice journalism projects to help members with their service projects and to highlight great journalism. We will make these active on our site as they are available.
Dania Azher, Arcadia HS, Arcadia California (returning)
Cassie Bess, Richlands HS, Essex, Missouri
Bridget Frawley, Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts, West Palm Beach, Florida
Kate Henry, Haas Hall Academy, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Disha Kumar, Northview HS, Johns Creek, Georgia
Eshaan Mani, The Kinkaid School, Houston, Texas
Jillian Moore, Carmel High School, Carmel, Indiana
Alyssa Requeio, Communications Arts High School, San Antonio, Texas
Arya Sharma, Westlake High School, Austin, Texas
Owen Spiegel, Kirkwood High School, Kirkwood, Missouri
Riley Thompson, Harrisonburg HS, Harrisonburg, Virginia (returning)
Kasey Thompson, Harrisonburg HS, Harrisonburg, Virginia (returning)
Student Advisory Board Applications for the 2023-2024 school year:
Board applications for the 2023-2024 school year are due Sept. 15, 2023
The purpose of the Quill and Scroll Advisory Board is threefold:
- To plan and execute a nation-wide pro-journalism activity every year in conjunction with the Journalism Education Association, the national journalism teachers’ organization.
- To provide counsel to Quill and Scroll chapters around the world about possible activities for their chapters.
- To provide counsel to the Quill and Scroll Associate Director about the organization’s membership benefits, contests and other activities.
The activities should:
- Promote and embody at least one of the eight lights in the Quill and Scroll induction ceremony: Truth, Leadership, Loyalty, Initiative, Integrity, Judgment, Friendship and Learning.
- Bring together Quill and Scroll chapter members from across a school and across the world to work on a unified project.
- Reach out to the school and/or community from which a chapter draws its students.
- Have a broader impact in promoting the ideals of scholastic journalism, as they relate to the eight lights.
Applications are available now and are due Sept. 30. If you have questions about joining the Quill and Scroll SAB for 2023-24, please contact Lori Keekley at [email protected] or call (612) 200-9295 more information.
Student Advisory Board Application
Use this form to apply to be a member of the 2023-2024 Quill and Scroll Advisory Board.