Quill and Scroll’s Student Journalism Collaboration Program aims to connect student journalists from across the nation. Through virtual meetings, participants will discuss, collaborate and troubleshoot with their peers about scholastic journalism issues pertaining to their student media.
The next meeting will be Dec. 11 from 7-8 p.m. Central and our topic will be fundraising. Use this form to sign up. Once students fill out the form, they will automatically receive a notification for all subsequent meetings. Participants will receive a Zoom link 24 hours prior to the meeting. We look forward to seeing you!
Sorry advisers, this is a student-only offering.
2023-2024 Student Advisory Board Members
Congratulations to our new Quill and Scroll Advisory Board. This group’s passion for journalism and service shows through their applications and participation. These 16 members, 13 new and three returning, will work on practical student-choice journalism projects to help members with their service projects and to highlight great journalism. We will make these active on our site as they are available.
Chiara Arendt, West Linn High School, West Linn, Oregon
Jad Dargam, Suncoast High School, Riviera Beach, Florida
Emilie Driscoll, Lakeridge High School, Lake Eswego, Oregon
Miranda Fabian, Francis Howell North High School, St. Charles, Missouri
Emily Ford, Conifer High School, Conifer, Colorado
Lainey Green, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Nashville, Tennessee
Kate Henry, Haas Hall Academy, Fayettevill, Arkansas (returning)
Clare Kirwan, Harrisonburg High School, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reilly Little, Larry A. Ryle High School, Union, Kentucky
MehQuira Malone, Sparkman High School, Harvest, Alabama
Eshaan Mani, The Kinkaid School, Houston, Texas (returning)
Alexandra Martinez, Elmont Memorial High School, New York City, New York
Maggie Meyer, Carmel High School, Carmel, Indiana
Shreeya Nevse, Frisco High School, McKinney, Texas
Hannahlaura Schuchhardt, Niceville Senior High School, Niceville, Florida
Arya Sharma, Westlake High School, Austin, Texas (returning)
Parker Smith, Francis Howell North High School, St. Charles, Missouri
Dana Zafarani, Parkway West High School, Ballwin, Missouri
Student Advisory Board Applications for the 2024-25 school year:
Board applications for the 2024-2025 school year are due Sept. 13, 2024.
The purpose of the Quill and Scroll Advisory Board is threefold:
- To plan and execute a nation-wide pro-journalism activity every year in conjunction with the Journalism Education Association, the national journalism teachers’ organization.
- To provide counsel to Quill and Scroll chapters around the world about possible activities for their chapters.
- To provide counsel to the Quill and Scroll Associate Director about the organization’s membership benefits, contests and other activities.
The activities should:
- Promote and embody at least one of the eight lights in the Quill and Scroll induction ceremony: Truth, Leadership, Loyalty, Initiative, Integrity, Judgment, Friendship and Learning.
- Bring together Quill and Scroll chapter members from across a school and across the world to work on a unified project.
- Reach out to the school and/or community from which a chapter draws its students.
- Have a broader impact in promoting the ideals of scholastic journalism, as they relate to the eight lights.
Applications will open soon and are due Sept. 13. If you have questions about joining the Quill and Scroll SAB for 2024-2025, please contact Lori Keekley at [email protected] or call (612) 200-9295 more information.