It’s time to start planning your spring Quill and Scroll induction ceremony. We leave the decisions as to how Quill and Scroll induction happens up to each Chapter. With that in mind, we have a few starter questions for the group.
A few items to start:
- If applicable, how were students inducted last year? What went well and what would students like to change?
- What is the induction target date? How much time do we have to plan?
- Where will we have the event? (Make arrangements to reserve the area if necessary.)
- Will we have a speaker?
- Who else might we invite? Parents? Other students? School dignitary such as a principal?
- Is it at the journalism banquet or other honorific event?
- Are we going to have cake or some other food item?
- Will it take place in person?
- Are you allowed to have candles at the event?
- How much time will we be able to allocate for the initiation?
- Which induction script will work best with what you have already discussed?
Read in the original Weekly Scroll here.