Membership is open to media staff members in a chartered high school.
There are no annual dues. When a candidate is recommended for membership, he or she pays a one-time initiation fee. The Society then provides the initiate with an official membership pin, membership certificate, and a one-year subscription to Quill & Scroll magazine.
Members of Quill and Scroll Honor Society must be chosen from students enrolled in the high school who, at the time of their recommendation, meet the following requirements:
1. They must be of sophomore, junior or senior classification.
2. They must have the equivalent of a B grade average, or be in the upper third of their class in general scholastic standing, either for the year of their election or for the cumulative total of all high school work.
3. They must have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work. They may be staffers of a magazine, newspaper, yearbook, news organization, online site or radio/television station at the school, or one conducted by an external organization.
4. They must be recommended by the supervisor or by the committee governing the media.
5. They must be approved by the Quill and Scroll Executive Director.
Membership is open to all media staff members in a chartered or member high school. The membership form and and fees are available here. You may pay online using Pay2Gov credit card processing service for a nominal service fee.
Don’t forget to submit your application to us separately.