News Media Evaluation and Gallup Award
The News Media Evaluation provides media staffs a one-of-a-kind assessment of your publication(s) with constructive comments and suggestions for improvement from qualified evaluators. Judges will provide a thorough analysis and rating to schools, and the evaluation exercise and feedback are instructive and developmental. High schools and junior high schools may enter their multimedia news operations, newspapers, news magazines and/or online news sites until June 15, 2020. Entries and ratings are returned in September 2019. This service is open to non-member schools as well as member schools.
Forms will be available on Feb. 24, 2020. Until then, you can review the 2019 judges’ Evaluation Form to see what our judging criteria will be.
Awards in order of prestige:
- George H. Gallup Award
- This means that a publication has received a “Superior” rating overall in each of the four or five areas for evaluation. (Four areas for newspapers and news magazines. Five areas for online media and for comprehensive evaluations.)
- International First Place Award
- This means that a publication has received at least one “Superior” and at least one “Excellent” rating in the four or five areas for evaluation, with the other areas rated “Good.”
- International Second Place Award
- This means that a publication has received “Good” or better in the four or five areas for evaluation, but does not qualify for the higher awards.
- International Honor Award
- This means the publication has received at least one “Needs Improvement” rating in the four or five areas for evaluation.