International Writing, Photo and Multimedia Contest & Blogging Competition
Enter the 2017 Quill and Scroll International Writing, Photo and Multimedia Contest, and Blogging Competition.
Middle/Junior High School Writing and Photo Contest launched. Click here to learn about the Middle /Junior High School Writing and Photo Contest!
Currently enrolled high school students, including Quill and Scroll members and non-members, are invited to enter the 2017 International Writing, Photo and Multimedia Contest and Blogging Competition. Award divisions include writing (features, opinion, sports) and photography published in newspapers, news magazines and online, blogging and other skill sets employed in contemporary scholastic journalism. Sweepstakes winners receive a plaque. All individual winners receive a Quill and Scroll National Award Gold Key and, as seniors, they are eligible to apply for one of the scholarships offered by Quill and Scroll. Work appearing online or in print is acceptable. Want to know more about scholastic blogging? Visit Quill and Scroll’s Resources.
Save money by entering the Writing and Photo Contest and News Media Evaluation as a package. Read on for more information.
Rules and Regulations
- Deadline – Entries must be mailed FIRST CLASS and postmarked no later than Feb. 6, 2017.
- Entry fee – There is a $5 fee per entry. Entries not accompanied by the school entry form and entry fee will be disqualified. The Blogging Competition fee is $10 and includes a judge’s evaluation.
- Each entry must have been published in a high school or professional newspaper, news magazine or online between Feb. 1, 2016 and Feb. 1, 2017 and must be the work a high school student enrolled at the time of publication. Each entry must be the work of one student only, except in the In-Depth Reporting/Team Division.
- There is no limit on entries to a division per school. A single student can enter up to four entries into one division.
- Submit the complete page or print of the Web page on which the entry appears. Clearly identify the entry to be judged on the Student Entry Form. DO NOT mark on the publication page. If two entries are on the same page, submit a complete tear sheet for each entry. WE ENCOURAGE PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRANTS TO ALSO SUBMIT ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTS.
- Staple the official student entry form (or copy) to each entry. Entries improperly identified will be disqualified without notification.
- All winning entries are automatically eligible for the 2017 Quill and Scroll Journalism Sweepstakes awards. All entries become the property of Quill and Scroll Society and will not be returned. We reserve the right to use entries in QUILL & SCROLL magazine and in other media. Only winners will be notified.